Friday, December 26, 2008

buy handmade

So I made the pledge to buy handmade today. The site is http://www.buyhandmade.org/ and you put in your pledge that you will buy handmade items, and request that your family and friends do the same.

I think it is an awesome idea. I mean, how many of you knitters and crocheters have gone to an expensive store, and saw a sweater, and instantly thought "I could make that for half the price!"? Seriously, if more people bought handmade, it would be cheaper,greener,and it shows people that your gift was from the heart, because you are taking the time to pick a special handmade gift for whomever.

And for us people who make handmade things, it is good for us to, because it gives us a chance to show off what we can do, and get more people interested in what we have to offer.

I am almost finished with the baby blanket I am working on. About 6 more rows, than I have to do the border and make the braids. I can't wait to post the photos!

No comments: