Saturday, September 15, 2007

sweater redo

So,yeah, um about that sweater....

Here is a redo on the pattern:

You can use any size needles and any type of yarn to fit the gauge you want. I used size 10 needles and Peaches n Creme cotton yarn.

I cast on 72 inches. If you want you can have a garter st. border. Work as many rows as needed for border. Then begin pattern in stockinette stitch. Work in pattern until desired length, just before armholes.

knit 18 sts. place on st. holder. knit 36 sts across. place remaining 18 sts. on holder.

continue working back in pattern to desired length. bind off.

work front panels to match back. bind off each panel as finished.

work sleeves. i cast on the number of rows on the front and back,give or take a few sts.

work to desired length. bind off.

sew as follows: match the front panels with the back. take and fold the corner of the front panel at the sweater opening.sew from the edge of the folded piece to the edge of the armhole. repeat on the other side. you can either crochet an edging, or pick up sts. to knit a hood.

Then sew the sleeve seams and sew sleeves to armholes.

I was working on it last night I noticed I totally wrote things wrong. So I figured I would rewrite it. If anyone makes it, let me know how it turns out.

No comments: