Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Joys of Christmas

Well its been awhile since I have posted so I figured I would write a bit...





Christmas is fast approaching. And what better way to say "I love you" to family and friends



then giving the gift of handmade items, right? HAHA! I never in my life thought that making



things for these people would be so difficult. It is bad enough when you have so many family



members and friends to make for, but toss in a bunch of picky ones and you're sure to be



screaming BAH HUMBUG!!!



I am one of the lucky "poor" people who can barely afford to buy Christmas gifts for my own



family, let alone the rest of the country. So I figure I would make everyone something. And of



course as soon as I suggest something like this, I immediately got an attitude, because the



majority of my family, as well as my bf's, are loaded. So they can go splurge and still have a



bunch of money to spare.



The kicker? I have not started one single thing for anyone, except for a stocking for my 2 year



old daughter, which is crocheted. I haven't really knitted much in quite sometime. I have been



working a lot, and when I get home I just grab my hook and yarn and go from there.



I got my house somewhat decorated for Christmas. My tree is up and my porch and entry way



are done. This is the earliest I have ever decorated. I figure I have 2 more paychecks before



Christmas, so I will probably just get my children what they want and go tell the rest of my



family where to go. Heck I might even give detailed instructions.

No comments: